• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

I did it!!!! Moscode 600 repaired. It was never going to be as easy as cleaning the sockets and adding new thermal paste (though I did those things). When testing votlages I found out the B+ was being dragged down by more than 100v. Turns out it was a zener that was under spec’d to start (wrong value, maybe from the factory) and then just gave up. After that of course one of the others died. This is a notoriously cheap ass board; you can lift a trace by looking at it wrong. Which I did.

For someone like @painttoad thats all in a days work but I’m just learning this stuff so am quite happy right now. Listening to it as I type.

1789270618497.png
 
My BIL loves the Kinks too.He saw them a bunch of times.
I really like them. My dad was a HUGE fan. A year or so ago I went to see a musical based on the brothers' lives and the Kinks early years. The staging incorporated a real rock band playing badass covers of the songs. The music was great. But overall it was thin and sanitized. Still fun though.
 
Does it still thrill you when you get one really and truly done?
****ing right it does! it goes right up there with restoring a muscle car and laying a slick paint job on a body i just straightened. or laying down ghost flames on a multi layer kandy job on a harley.( i miss that **** so bad sometimes.)

but yeah. i'l strut around the shop and basement. i'll have it on the dyno and get killer readings and pop up and do happy dances,

someone should sneak cameras in my shop and watch my goofy ass.

i used to get all drunked up and thrash on the bigger job as part of my reward but we don't do that anymore.
 
****ing right it does! it goes right up there with restoring a muscle car and laying a slick paint job on a body i just straightened. or laying down ghost flames on a multi layer kandy job on a harley.( i miss that **** so bad sometimes.)

but yeah. i'l strut around the shop and basement. i'll have it on the dyno and get killer readings and pop up and do happy dances,

someone should sneak cameras in my shop and watch my goofy ass.

i used to get all drunked up and thrash on the bigger job as part of my reward but we don't do that anymore.
HELLZ YEAH. I may or may not have been doing a little singing... This is really a spectacular amp. I scoped it at 280-ish wpc at clipping. And the bass command is wild. It takes the woofers out back of the woodshed.

You don't do auto/motorcycle painting anymore?
 
Back
Top Bottom