• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

...what capacitor to get?

bringing this thread back from the dead to ask...

would this 6.8uf
http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?partnumber=027-424

in parallel with this .22uf
http://www.parts-express.com/pe/sho...m1010X497171X89fbb6515d3759dc4305e994c2f6f5cb

work? I'm no electrician, so though it seems clear from this thread that 6.8 + .22 in parallel is what i want, I have no idea the relationship between polypropylene and film/foil or what it means that one capacitor is 250V and one is 600.

I've had some avid 103s for a while that i love (no recap as of yet) and my friend found four 102s in his new garage the other day... that was a good day :D

Thanks all

Why make your life difficult. :D

http://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/solen-capacitors/solen-7-mfd-fast-cap-400v/

No affiliation.
 
Yup. Go with the Solen Fast Caps. :thmbsp:

They sound fine. They will break in after about 250-300 hours of use.
 
Back
Top Bottom