• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

What cart are y'all using on your Technics SL-1210G and what's with the K letter?

MannyE

Exterminate!
That's the question. Also, I now notice that on the Techincs website they are using an additional letter after the G... K is one now. Is that like a way to designate the model year or something?
 
Register to hide this ad
On my GAE, I'm using Orthofon Cadenza Black & Cadenza Mono
Do you think it's a good all around cart or do you listen to anything in particular? I was thinking a Goldring 1042 MM cart because I love the way my 1012 sounds on the MMF-5
 
Do you think it's a good all around cart or do you listen to anything in particular? I was thinking a Goldring 1042 MM cart because I love the way my 1012 sounds on the MMF-5
They're not bright sounding carts. I would say Romantic, in my system which is very revealing. I listen to mainly Rock & Jazz, old & contemporary. The cart if setup rite can give plenty of pleasure to any system, like any other Cart.
 
That's the question. Also, I now notice that on the Techincs website they are using an additional letter after the G... K is one now. Is that like a way to designate the model year or something?

It usually just denotes a different version for different world markets. In the UK we get a letter 'S' on the end.
 
Back
Top Bottom