• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

What Did You Sell Today?

This is a great thread.

I just sold my Klipsch La Scala Industrial today. I had them on Craigslist and the Klipsch forum for ages. A guy drove all the way from Nashville to my house in Atlanta to demo them. I moved the couch out of the way and put out my vintage Ekornes stressless chair so he could have a comfortable listening position. He comes in, puts on Prince's Pussy Control, then I talked to him about what he was planning to use them for. He said he was setting up an audio setup for his man cave so his wife wasn't really concerned about them being so ugly. He had owned Heresys a long time ago and wanted to get back into audio. I talked to him about the common upgrades people do on them and he said he knew all about them, he had been researching that for a while. He put on a few more songs but seemed like he had decided he wanted them as soon as he heard the first notes of Pussy Control. I had them listed for $1000, was expecting $800 but ended up getting $950. I assume he would have gone the full $1000 but I didn't want to press it and I was glad to have been able to sell them to someone that was so excited about them. Somewhat sad I got rid of them as La Scalas are great speakers, even with their quirks, but they were too big for my listening room. Also glad they are out of the way, I have a nice Art Deco French server that was sitting on the wrong wall because the speakers were in the way.

Thanks for sharing, that's a great, win,win transaction!
Also thanks for sharing your selling price.
Seeing the actual selling price is great feedback for what the market is doing in a given area.
 
I've been selling off some stuff, since we have to move soon. I recently sold an Akai AA-1050 receiver, a Sherwood S-7250CP Receiver, and an MCS 6601 turntable. I also finally gave away for free, all the broken "project" stuff, that I was never going to get to. Mostly useless junk that I thought maybe one day I would do something with. It really feels good to clean house sometimes and get rid of things. Especially if it goes to folks who are excited about it.
 
My collection has gotten out of control again. I'm moving stuff into and out of where my grandson sleeps because I have nowhere else to put it right now. Friday night, a nice fellow about 27 came over looking for a full system. He had something specifically in mind, so I set it up for him. Then we tried a few different combinations until he was happy. I helped him load it into the car. Then, yesterday around noon, another guy came over to audition my restored McIntosh C-24. He loved how it looked and sounded, knew the guy that restored it, so we closed the deal and I've made a new audio buddy!

Win win in my opinion. I hope I don't regret selling the preamp though.
 
A fellow AKer came by today and picked though my record collection and got some. However they were also bringing me some RSD titles he found for me. All and all I ended up owing more so this might not count at all...:D

It counts.
Bartering is selling, working a deal is a great win, win way to sell.
 
Thanks for sharing, that's a great, win,win transaction!
Also thanks for sharing your selling price.
Seeing the actual selling price is great feedback for what the market is doing in a given area.
Yes, a problem I had selling them. I had people on the Klipsch forum suggest they were worth $1600 or more (wishful thinking from other owners?). I did have a bite at $1200 at one point (then never heard back from the person, unfortunately). I am happy at $950, especially after having a guy call, message and email several times, each time being more aggressive, saying he would do $750 on them cause "that's all they're worth" although he did mention he was going to refurbish then resell them when he called me the first time.
 
There was a local swap meet here in the SF Bay area.
Went there, got to hang out with some great AK members, who shall remain nameless so that their wives don't come looking for me regarding the gear they purchased from me...

:)

I was particularly pleased that one anonymous member purchased a pair of OLAs I had in really nice cosmetic condition; the woofers in the speakers I had need re-edged, but he had a pair of utility cabinets, with good woofers.

The Advents went for a bargain price; a vintage pair of speakers were saved from being parted out; met some great folks, and did not have to make my exit under cover of darkness (unlike that other time; which I can't talk about due to the statute of limitations)
 
Last edited:
There was a local swap meet here in the SF Bay area.
Went there, got to hang out with some great AK members,

We are luck to have some very nice members around us to get to know.

Congrats on selling a few things, and your Emmylou went out the door with Eric so you'll be able to enjoy that soon.
 
We are luck to have some very nice members around us to get to know.

Congrats on selling a few things, and your Emmylou went out the door with Eric so you'll be able to enjoy that soon.

I am indebted to you, like many other members, for picking that up, and to Eric for the AK Pony Express favor
 
Last edited:
in the last week
sansui au-517
warfdale dovetale 3
10" cerwin vega
yamaha yp 211
lxi 28925 with matching tuner

 
Back
Top Bottom