• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

What does the Elekit TU-8550 Pre sound like?

Bengalcats88

New Member
Hi,

What does your Elekit TU-8550 preamp sound like? Does it have a tube sound signature or just neutral?

I have not found any reviews for it other than the TU-8550 pre which some state is a neutral sound preamp.

I am sort of looking for a 6sn7 Line Stage, like that kind of sound signature from it. Don't want to spend tons of money either.
 
Register to hide this ad
It doesn't sound like anything. It is very neutral. I haven't rolled tubes in it so that may change the sound, but the predominant sonic texture comes from the amp and of course speakers. I've used it with the TU-8900 (2A3), the TU-8850 (KT170) and the TU-8600S (300B) and they all sound like themselves.
 
None of my gear has a "tube sound." That's why I use it. I want the transparency and neutrality of tubes, and types like the 6SN7 and EF86 are always high on the list to accomplish that. It sounds as though the TU-8200 has been well designed.

Jack
 
Back
Top Bottom