I've created some new speakers and I'm mostly pretty happy with them. The only thing I'm a little concerned with, is the performance with piano music.
While some of the upper piano notes seem nice and "sudden", it seems as though my speakers are playing [muffled] "behind a curtain" for the rest of the piano music.
The speaker is a two way with the woofer crossed over at 1200hz I believe. With the highs starting slightly above that point.
The drivers are not placed properly at the moment, with the high end driver resting on top of the woofer cabinet, mounted well above ear height and a good ten inches from the woofer.
I hope to resolve this over the weekend.... unless my problem is with the woofer as I suspect it is. Is most of the piano music I'm hearing coming from my woofer (1200hz and below)? I don't want to spend a lot of time on this enclosure if I'm just using a crappy woofer. It's a 1st generation Cerwin Vega 123W 12" woofer from a 211-R.
While some of the upper piano notes seem nice and "sudden", it seems as though my speakers are playing [muffled] "behind a curtain" for the rest of the piano music.
The speaker is a two way with the woofer crossed over at 1200hz I believe. With the highs starting slightly above that point.
The drivers are not placed properly at the moment, with the high end driver resting on top of the woofer cabinet, mounted well above ear height and a good ten inches from the woofer.
I hope to resolve this over the weekend.... unless my problem is with the woofer as I suspect it is. Is most of the piano music I'm hearing coming from my woofer (1200hz and below)? I don't want to spend a lot of time on this enclosure if I'm just using a crappy woofer. It's a 1st generation Cerwin Vega 123W 12" woofer from a 211-R.
Last edited:
