• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

What is a DAP CD?

Northwinds

Huh? Turn what down?
Subscriber
I was going through my CD collection of some CD's from a mastering engineer's estate and came across a few that clearly stated DAP so kind of wondered what they were. Very dynamic I tell you. Mine are mainly Beatles, the packaging is very nice
 
Register to hide this ad
My first thought was Digital Audio Player? not be confused with DAT (Digital Audio Tape) which was a recording medium back in the day popularized by Sony.

Grateful Dead tapers gravitated to DAT's to record shows. I've heard a few and they sounded quite good
 
I was going through my CD collection of some CD's from a mastering engineer's estate and came across a few that clearly stated DAP so kind of wondered what they were. Very dynamic I tell you. Mine are mainly Beatles, the packaging is very nice
google says:

refers to Digital Archives Promotion,

a highly prominent Japanese bootleg/collector label specializing in meticulously curated Beatles audio sets

 
Back
Top Bottom