• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

What is your best thrift store find?

Pair of Altec speakers.

Couple of nice turntables

Nice big Mcintosh Power amp

Bunch of Carver Gear

But by far my best finds have been music, thousands and thousands of great records, and CD's.

Altec%20Iconic%20001_zpsabaoolix.jpg WIN_20190109_20_44_08_Pro.jpg

Just a tiny part of my vinyl collection.

WIN_20190109_21_04_59_Pro.jpg

I can't even keep track of all the mid grade Japanese gear, and I don't mean the BCP but decent stuff. Times have changed though so don't get all excited now as finds are rare now and rarely the better stuff shows up. I did just recently pass up a decent setup of Yamaha silver faced gear and NS 690 speakers, just have no need and no time to try and market and ship stuff.
 
Last edited:
A cast iron frying pan.

Not very thrifty, I guess.
Funny you say that,I went to the thrift store looking for a cast iron frying pan but walked out with an H/K 825 preamp instead . :biggrin:
Q87GWg7.jpg
 
I found a pair of Sony SS-G7s just before Christmas for $40. Looks like I could get around $1500 or more if I were going to sell them.

View attachment 1381193 View attachment 1381194

I bought a pair of G3s off Facebook Marketplace as a result of that find, just last night! The G3s are a lot rougher looking than the G7s. According to the woman I bought them from, they almost went to Sally Ann until her sister spoke up. I would have missed them in that case.

View attachment 1381199


WHAT?!??! 1500???? I left 3 pairs of these at the recyclers last year because I couldn't find any prices on ebay and was in a rush to leave. URGH.
 
I found a pair of Athena AS-B1 bookshelf speakers at a Goodwill for $10. They're decent. I wouldn't have even noticed them but for the big heavy gauge speaker wire with gold-plated banana clips that came with them.

I found a Shure Audio Obstacle Course - Era III LP for $1 at another Goodwill. Various decent classic rock LPs over the years. 9.5 times out of ten, it's all garbage though - Jim Nabors, Mitch Miller, Anne Murray, Barbra Streisand crap.
 
Adcom 750 preamp, 555amp, tuner-15.00
Klipsch KG-4's for 4.50 a pair mint condition
Pioneer Elite VSX-90 receiver for 13.00
 
Back
Top Bottom