• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

What is your profession's version of "Have you tried turning it off and on?"

My damn weed whacker. It has an on/off switch that I forget quite regularly. So I yank the cord, yank the cord, yank the cord.
Did you make sure the On switch is on, Mike?
Switch on - first pull.
 
I use "When in doubt, knock it out" for computer related issues.
But my favorite snarky crack is "That would never happen here" :naughty:
 
I work in insurance, but use computers and multiple databases daily. In fact, one of those databases, our main claim tracking application, updated this weekend. I need to login to get the update shortly.

I nicknamed our helpdesk the 'reboot response team.' Seems like no matter what issue we report, we are asked if we rebooted first. Half the time, that works!
 
"have you talked about this problem with your husband/wife/son/daughter/boyfriend/girlfriend, etc?"

or, "have you asked him/her to not do that anymore?"
 
We have a signal room that supplies multitudes of test signals for the building - our favorite phrase is "It's OK on this end."
 
Back
Top Bottom