• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

What Sansui Sounds like the SS 4000 but has 80wpc or more?

I had some burned out bulbs so the tech did the led upgrades. Lights up pretty nicely. I’ll be curious to see what you think of the receiver on your other thread.

Yes I like those lights a lot.

No one will be more curious to see what it sounds like than me!:)

I will def let everyone know. Seems a restored upgraded 7000 is uncharted territory here. The Guy I got it from loves Tubes, he said it played everything well, including Driving His Magnepan's Great with no problems.
 
I selling my Solid State 4000. Often talked about "what sounds good to you here". The 4000 was the perfect sounds Great to me, but I need more wpc. Closest I have come to that Sound I like is a Arcam receiver. Arcams have that sound I like too.

So my question I ask is which Sansui Receiver sounds like the 4000 sound, but has 80wpc or more, (the more the better).

Seems I am not the only one who notices that 4000's sound. What is it about it that gave it that different Sonic signature? I know its not the top Sansui, but it's the top sound to me. Which other higher powered Sansui receivers sound like the Solid State 4000? Thanks.
Bring out your dead...
Bring out your dead!

Did you ever find anything to suit your needs?
Did the 7000 do the trick?

My thoughts would be to pick up a 2000x or 5000x with the option to use it in preamp mode and get a neutral power amp. Might be as close as you'll get to a high powered 4000?
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom