• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

What song makes you want to smash your stereo?!!?

I agree with a lot of the 'stinkers' already posted, Red Hot Chili Peppers, anything from overplayed Greenday, Celine Dion, Coldplay (and all other male singers that sing like babies/girls - you don't have to get overly macho, but cut out the goo-goo whispery stuff).

How about that tune 'Takin' Care of Business' by ???. They got a guitar solo in that song that really sucks.. like seriously bad... just unlistenable.

Ditto
 
Someone mentioned Saturday Night Special by Skynyrd. I love that song, but only because it's fun to point out to Skynyrd fans, who tend to be rather devout, and are invariably gun nuts, that the song is anti-gun.

Better to make someone else feel like smashing something
 
Someone mentioned Saturday Night Special by Skynyrd. I love that song, but only because it's fun to point out to Skynyrd fans, who tend to be rather devout, and are invariably gun nuts, that the song is anti-gun.

Better to make someone else feel like smashing something


This from a band where the lead singer was known to be violent at times. Just one more reason why I do not look to singers/actors for political commentary... :thumbsdn:
 
How about that tune 'Takin' Care of Business' by ???. They got a guitar solo in that song that really sucks.. like seriously bad... just unlistenable.

??? = BTO (Bachman-Turner Overdrive)

They also sing "You Ain't Seen Nothin' Yet (Buh-buh-buh-buh-buh baby...)"
 
I believe the thread suggests songs that make you WANT to trash your system, not actually do that.

'Sexy Eyes' by Dr. Hook (and anything else by him/them)
'Achy Breaky Heart'. (gag)
post-police Sting ('Every Step you Take', 'Brand New Day'...)
'Red Red Wine', UB40. U want some Reggae, play some Marley, for pete's sake...

good call on 'Havin my Baby'. barf.
 
Someone mentioned Saturday Night Special by Skynyrd. I love that song, but only because it's fun to point out to Skynyrd fans, who tend to be rather devout, and are invariably gun nuts, that the song is anti-gun.

Better to make someone else feel like smashing something

I like it too. The skynyrd song I can't stand is "gimme three steps." :gigglemad: That makes me want a saturday night special for blasting the receiver. "what's your name" sux pretty bad, too (imho).

other standouts are "come on feel the noiz," most anything by billy joel, and guns and roses (slash seems like a cool guy, but I never could get into that band :yuck: ).
 
Anything by Styx or Foreigner. :puke: And Satisfacton by the Rolling Stones. Most overrated song ever. And yes, Saturday Night Special does suck. :D
 
This from a band where the lead singer was known to be violent at times. Just one more reason why I do not look to singers/actors for political commentary... :thumbsdn:

Well he's been DEAD for over 20 some odd years and this country is free because you "can" carry a gun, the day that right is taken away you will have a police state and censured music....


-Mike
 
I'm sorry.
Really sorry......

This thread is weak and the concept of smashing ones' stereo 'cuz of a song or such is beyond compare.

Hello?

I thought we're here to preserve that which is construed as precious..(IE highly esteemed and/or of great value)......as in most of our members' gear.

Been reading this thread from it's incept, and I must say.........BS.

Dude...
If you want to smash your gear or anything else for that matter, you need a course in anger management or something of the same sorts.

Don't know where you've been, or the gear you've aquired, but smashing is a reality that my soundthought can't comprehend.

I know where you're coming from (disappointment and anger-wise) and I understand the premise of your original post. but please brother....grow up and realize that many of us have spent years, blood, sweat, and tears to aquire the gear we have today, so smashing anything in our system due to a poorly recorded medium is beyond recognition.

It ain't happening.

****.....I'm changing channels...sources. and the like to avoid such kind of mayhem in my life.
Hence, the nature of our forum and quest.....

As far as the radio or XM goes.....just sit through it or change the venue, cuz eventually it will change into something palatable.

Just my 2 cents.......but still.

I know you're talking about songs, aritists, and genre's that any given individual doesn't like, but really????
Most of us get it and have learned to either grow from the experience, or take it to another level.
If you don't like what you're hearing then ask yourself....WHY?

Is it the presentation and performace of the artist or the engineering or the venue.

There are MANY performance artists out there whos' recording engineers did no justice too, as far as recording goes, and one only needs an intuitive nature to weed the good from the bad.

Ask yourself this....

What's genuine, from the heart and unique, and what's fluff and filler for the uneducated masses.



Regards,
John the crusher and destroyer.
 
Last edited:
Again, The title of this thread is What song makes you WANT to smash your stereo? NOT "what song will force you to smash the **** out of your stereo"! Cmon people its just a title! A T I T L E! Im ready to start a new thread called "whats the one song you absolutely cannot stand." because the title of this thread is causing a lot of bullshit over a thread I made out of boredom!!:sigh::thumbsdn:
 
I agree, but this idea is very simple not that anybody would actually smash there gear over a bad song but I think this is a very good idea for a thread like for example I hate it when bands take old classic songs and remake them with todays technology and make million's of dollars of it, not that I would actully smash may gear over it. but just express my epionion thats all.
 
I was stupid for coming up with the title of this thread!!!!! I have come to realize that!! What was I thinking??1? :no::cry::dammit::stupid::twak::bash::uzi::whip:

Sorry about the rant guys
really sorry
 
I agree, but this idea is very simple not that anybody would actually smash there gear over a bad song but I think this is a very good idea for a thread like for example I hate it when bands take old classic songs and remake them with todays technology and make million's of dollars of it, not that I would actully smash may gear over it. but just express my epionion thats all.

nice couldent have said it better:thmbsp:
 
No, brother....I think that's a great idea.

When posting a thread out of boredom, you must take into consideration the context in which it will be construed.

I'm not mad or offended in any way.
Hell, i can tell you and would be happy to physcially show you destruction of desirable gear with my own sledgehammer.
Not a problem.
It's the nature of the premise which causes underlying alarm.

Just remember....
Here at AK, we are of a deeper, more itellectual sort.
Such things don't sit well.....as it were.

Just sayin'

But.... if you really need it.
My 6'3" 220 frame, will be happy to allow you opportunity to watch me destroy an irreplaceable piece.
Heh... I've even thought about it as a thread all unto itself.


Question is............


What piece?


Regards,
John.
 
No, brother....I think that's a great idea.

When posting a thread out of boredom, you must take into consideration the context in which it will be construed.

I'm not mad or offended in any way.
Hell, i can tell you and would be happy to physcially show you destruction of desirable gear with my own sledgehammer.
Not a problem.
It's the nature of the premise which causes underlying alarm.

Just remember....
Here at AK, we are of a deeper, more itellectual sort.
Such things don't sit well.....as it were.

Just sayin'

But.... if you really need it.
My 6'3" 220 frame, will be happy to allow you opportunity to watch me destroy an irreplaceable piece.
Heh... I've even thought about it as a thread all unto itself.


Question is............


What piece?


Regards,
John.


LOL ya i shoulda put a bit more thought into the title. Tho im sure noone here would smash their gear out of anger over a song playing through it. I know i wouldent! I dont mean to piss anyone here off and i never do on purpose!

Just remember, VegaBass is not creative somtimes with his thread titles!:screwy:

Have a good nite everyone:thmbsp:
 
Epionions,ideas and learning is what this site is is all about, a person should keep a open mind and a willing to learn when searching this site.
 
It's all good.... :)

LOL.

In the spirit of things....i've decided to crush a Pioneer SX-550 in the name of Barry Manilow.
Any song will suffice.

One.
Two.
Three.


SMASH.


Pieces fly everywhere......
Total mayhem....


It was liberating, to say the least.



Maybe, I should reconsider my original position.
Hell, it was better feeling than a good shagging by one of my regular "wanna be's".


Ahhhhh.
To be me.
A good thing.


'nite brother.
 
Back
Top Bottom