• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

What speaker is this?

Chrissss

New Member
Hi I'm new to this forum and was wondering if anyone can tell me the model of this speaker?

My dad bought them with an Akai AM-A1 in the 80s but said he got the speakers with it from a higher end model.

My guess is that it's Akai but hasn't got any branding on it at all.

Sorry about the mess :P
20170616_113648.jpg20170616_114816.jpg

Cheers
 
Register to hide this ad
I don't think they're Akai because a quick Google image search turned up nothing that looked like that, and also because most Akai speakers appear to be pretty clearly marked. No guarantees, though. I would be that they're made by an Asian manufacturer, though; due to those woofer frames.

Any pics of the connection plate on the back? If you feel adventurous you could remove the drivers and give us pictures of their backs as well. Larger pics are generally better so we can see details.
 
Those plastic driver frames remind me a bit of some house brand speakers I got when I bought my first new system in the early 80's I can never remember what the brand name was but I got all of the stuff at Crazy Eddies. Agree that they probably are of Japanese origin.
 
What are you trying to figure out?
Some of the rack system stuff is hard to find info on
Should sound pretty decent
Just really curious on which model it is as it's got absolutely no branding on the outside. And yes it sounds very decent for the condition it's in
 
Just really curious on which model it is as it's got absolutely no branding on the outside. And yes it sounds very decent for the condition it's in
Not even a little sticker near where the speaker wires connect?
If you have nothing to go on then you're pretty much out of luck
Search the part numbers on your drivers and that may lead you to some service information that MIGHT give you some model numbers
Rack systems are hard to track down info on once you've lost the paperwork or tags
 
Not even a little sticker near where the speaker wires connect?
If you have nothing to go on then you're pretty much out of luck
Search the part numbers on your drivers and that may lead you to some service information that MIGHT give you some model numbers
Rack systems are hard to track down info on once you've lost the paperwork or tags
Unfourtunelty the tag on the back is long gone, the fact that even searching the driver models doesn't return anything seems very odd
 
Unfourtunelty the tag on the back is long gone, the fact that even searching the driver models doesn't return anything seems very odd
I had some Sony speakers like that once, actually still have them
I knew the model designation but still couldn't find anything about them
Lot of the stuff from the 80s never made it onto the net
May have even not had a model number, just the brand
 
Hi I'm new to this forum and was wondering if anyone can tell me the model of this speaker?

Cheers

Hi Crissss, welcome to the forum.

Just a quick question, did you delete the other thread $0.36 Speakers Delivered, or was it deleted because it was in the wrong area?
 
Never answered me back on how you scored those
If you did I missed it due to the delete
Sorry I saw a notification of a comment on the the read but of course I couldn't reply. I was just browsing through TradeMe (like eBay for nz) and found them after searching "speakers" originally it was pick up only but as I currently haven't got a running vehicle I went for it. So I asked "drop off in Dunedin?" And he said yep so he'll be delivering them today
 
Hi yes must've been deleted for being in the wrong area

OK, any threads that are about questions of value are supposed to be in Dollars and Cents Forum. Not sure if that is what did it or not as it looked like there were some long time members breaking some of the other rules.

The Basic Rules:
  • Be respectful and use common sense.
  • Don’t try circumventing the rules.
Specific Rules:
  1. Don’t insult others, or engage in name-calling.
  2. 'Thread-crapping' (meaning disrespecting the topic or intention of the thread or forum) is not allowed.
  3. 'Spamming' results in immediate and permanent banning.
  4. Post in the one best forum for your topic; one thread per topic, no duplicates.
  5. No political, religious, racist, sexist, pornographic or excessively profane content.
  6. Snobbery and reverse snobbery are equally not allowed.
  7. 'Trolling' (inciting controversies) and 'Crusading' (aggressive proselytizing of anything) are not allowed.
  8. Conflicts or gripes with other people or other forums do not belong on AK.
  9. All questions of value and links to auctions or ads belong in the Dollars and Sense forum.
  10. Only one account per user. If you have an account problem, contact an administrator.
 
So after all that hub bub about the rules lets go back to the Wall Of Sound you have coming! some of those speakers look interesting. and I think you will have a lot of fun with them. Post more pics here and update your profile so we know where you live. who knows you might have people local to you who can help you find more fun and awsome gear for you to have fun with. and Post lots of pics!
 
So after all that hub bub about the rules lets go back to the Wall Of Sound you have coming! some of those speakers look interesting. and I think you will have a lot of fun with them. Post more pics here and update your profile so we know where you live. who knows you might have people local to you who can help you find more fun and awsome gear for you to have fun with. and Post lots of pics!
Will definitely keep you guys updated! And thanks olson_jr will keep that in mind
 
Back
Top Bottom