• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

What speakers are these - OOORILL or QOQRILL? 20120724

Those studio monitors look incredible. I picked up a pair of Squires in San Antonio at an Estate Sale (half price day) for 50 dollars. It was a good day. I had no idea how good they were. I just thought they looked quality. They will not be leaving the house. After listening for a few weeks I sold the Cornwalls as my listening room won’t accommodate both.
 
Could anyone offer advice on how to go about selecting a replacement woofer for the NAS Studio Monitors? What specifications are important to match?

I realize that trying to match could be difficult. I have located a pair of Studio Monitors, but the owner installed some cheap replacement woofers.
Still looking for replacement for NAS Monitors? I sill have a pair of the speakers in mint condition.
 
Happy to see this old post. I have a set of black Formica squires bought in 1982 from NAS store in Addison. I need some help, I need to replace a tweeter. Any ideas on what it is or where to find a replacement. Unfortunately it is gone. Removed to replace and now after 15 years can’t find it. Any help is most appreciated. These things still sound incredible!!
Do you know the sensitivity rating for the squires?
 
A pair of the Monitors is up for sale in New Braunsfels, Texas (San Antonio CL). I have no affiliation or interest but these seem very rare and apparently well loved.
 
Looks like a pair of North American Sound (NAS) Studio Monitors are up on eBay a little south of Dallas TX. I purchased a pair a few months back in Dallas TX “local pickup only“ and had a packing and freighting company pick them up, pack them, and ship to Eastern PA for < $800. I have both the Squires and Studio Monitors (below), they are truly amazing speakers.

View attachment 1961258
They look beautiful, I bet they sound amazing. What is the model number and details of the big ones?
 
Every time someone revives thread I kick myself for selling my Squires. No room, but still. They're just great speakers.

BTW, the rear slots in your images are unlike mine. I had just a hole in the back, about 6" x 6" and the speaker wire came out of that hole. No slots like yours.
Same as mine, only a 6 x 6.
 
126BC6BA-80A3-4FA3-ACBD-ABDC27E174EF.jpeg This has to be the best thread on these! I love my monitors and hope to strip off the awful latex someday.
 
These have been stored for years but after finding this thread I believe I will hook em up and give em a good listen. I haven't had them hooked up in a good while.
I wonder if it makes a difference if the mids are placed in or out? I have my mids on the outside and tweeters on the inside. My back says it is not important enough to move them to see! Lol
 
Polygrinder...do you still visit the site? I was the first to purchase the Studio Monitor. The prototype was unfinished. My friend bought the first finished pair. His have been store and are for sale at this time.
I forgot I ever posted here. So here we are in 2024. When I first bought my first Studio Monitors it would have been in 1976. The reason I know is that I took my brand new copy or Rush 2112 and ran Greggs wife out of the house. LOL.
 
I actually picked up a pair of immaculate Squires in Mahogany real wood veneer, set up for my 5.1 home theater. I will be relegating the NAS Monitors as the rears, and if I get a 7.1 HT receiver, I will have a place for the Mini-monitors as the side L&R. That Ceter channel is an Emotiva. 1776285746924.png
 
Back
Top Bottom