• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

What the best Kabuki speakers you have heard

I found the 1984 Z9's in a veteran thrift store, got those and then a 1973 Sansui 771 (45watts/ch) to really move the woofers. Then the Z9ii's were purchased from a neighbor i met on Nextdoor app. They are 1 in thicker and seem to have more solid construction. The seller told me the ii's were only sold in Japan. Each cabnet seams to run at 105db SPL rating like the books suggest. Clarity and detail are off the charts. Magicality comes from the amazing 771. Kabuki style can definitely be Hi-Fi. Just leans into dispersion theory instead of directionality.
Very cool. I agree that the 771 is a fine receiver. My favorite old Sansui receiver is the 3000a.
 
I like my Pioneer CS 99a for low volume listening. Wife is two walls and 20 feet away and I hear every note with a nice tumpy low end. Love the looks and craftsmanship. No plastic to speak of, nice furniture grade cabinets. They will never build consumer speakers like these again.20251108_211045_HDR.jpg
 
Sansui SP-7500X

I had and sold these Sansui SP-7500X speakers which are 4-way 5-driver speakers. I had them driven by a Pioneer QX-949 receiver - a seemingly good combination.

a74fdaf2-0321-4502-9ba1-fb8b86de493f.jpg

Cell phone video:


Nando.
 
Don’t really know if these qualify.
A set of Snell E II’s.
Completely modded with new Baltic Birch cabinets, Audio Note hemp woofers and Audio Note silver tweeters. Crossovers rebuilt by AK member @GordonW. exactly to the original configuration but using much higher quality parts.
I would put them up against anything in the 5,000 dollar range. They are that good.
I’ve posted pictures before, but here you go again.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0037.jpeg
    IMG_0037.jpeg
    213.1 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0139.jpeg
    IMG_0139.jpeg
    198.7 KB · Views: 7
Back
Top Bottom