• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

What to do with these old Capeharts

bigdawg

New Member
I'm pretty new around here. But I saw these old Capeharts today and had to see what was inside these unique boxes. Once inside l was suprised to see what looked like something cobbled together in ones backyard. The unused Grants motor oil cans used for the ports just made me smile. Powered up they do play music. But I have not been able to get the fronts off for a better inspection as of yet. So, what are these things and what should i do with them??

Thanks as always....
 

Attachments

  • Copy of Capehart1(2).jpg
    Copy of Capehart1(2).jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 96
  • Copy of Capehart2(2).jpg
    Copy of Capehart2(2).jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 113
  • Copy of Capehart3(2).jpg
    Copy of Capehart3(2).jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 57
Register to hide this ad
The speaker on the top left is possibly the only original one left in there. I would suspect even the baffle board has been changed out. I doubt you will get the fronts off without destroying them. If they were mine, I'd pull the drivers and junk the cabs. They look scary to me.
 
Listen to them..... How good these are requires some context. Probably they are efficient to say the least, and would be well at home with a low powered amplifier. Just for fun try to see how they sound with the "tweeters" disconnected. In this design they may be doing more harm than good, the Utah is likely a full ranger.
 
I expect those big Utah drivers are the prize here. they would probably make for decent open baffle setups.
 
I like the big Utahs,,, don't see a xover network, the smaller ones could be full range,,, replacements for a radio or????

Regards,
John
 
Back
Top Bottom