• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

What to pair with Denton 80th Anv. speakers

RAART

Member
Hello folks,

I have Wharfedale Denton 80th Anv. speakers that I have kept in a box for a long time. Since I am re-configuring my secondary setup, I have unpacked my Denton 80th Anv. speakers and looking for a new amp that will have synergy with them.

I like to know if anyone of you fine folks have used Denton’s with some amps that I have shortlisted and how they pair with. Also, I am open to other amp suggestions from folks that have Denton’s or what you guys using with your Denton 80th Anv. speakers.


I have shortlisted following amps (random order):

Integrated Amps:
NAD C 326BEE or C 375BEE
Unison Research Unico Primo
Yamaha A-S2000

Power Amps:
Parasound NewClassic 275 v.2 or 2250 v.2

I am also debating if I go with power amplifier route which pre-amp I should get...
Parasound NewClassic 200 Pre, Schiit Freya or Freya +

Thanks!
 
Register to hide this ad
Quick update:

I have eliminated NAD C 375BEE since it has power module problems that is not easy to fix. Probably I will eliminate both NAD amps...

While searching I have currently Rotel RC-1070 pre amplifier and Rotel RB-1562 power amp, driving Denton 80th Anv. speakers.
I am looking to get better sound than from those two components I am currently using.

I have speakers biwired with Canare 4S11, speak not using solid connection jumpers on the Denton's.
 
Back
Top Bottom