• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

What turntable is this ?

Reelly

New Member
Hi,

Hoping someone can help me with identifying this turntable.

I was given it by a friend as I am getting back to playing vinyl again.
It works perfectly, but I was curious as to what brand it is, as it has no brand identifying markings on it anywhere, even underneath.

Someone mentioned it looked like a Technics SL1200 but I have checked Technics SL1200 version history and this "turntable layout" does not appear anywhere although it does look very similar in many ways.

Is it a clone / copy or something.
Hope someone knows.

Cheers

Turntable.jpg
 
Register to hide this ad
Thanks for the information.

For a moment I thought I had a Technics turntable.
No wonder I got given it....

Cheers
 
It another technics wannabe, this time labeled "SOUNDLAB", It's pretty safe to ignore the label and just call it a Hanpin.

Trust me that Hanpin make good TT unlike this Limit DJ2000 SQ. My friend take me one to look and do some alignment etc. but when I see this, only what I can to say is OMG!!!. Every parts on this TT is ... I dont have any words to describe any parts inside and outside this TT. Tonearm??? What, are you kidding me! Spindle axle, hahahaha... Platter, yeah right, did you know what mean flat?! Switches, what switches?! Speed pot, on what position you have stable speed?! Legs, just two legs is right, Antiskate, sorry spring broken, Tonearm bearings, what is this?! Counterweight, hahaha... etc, etc... I want to say that better solution is any Crosley then this TT. Sorry, am i say turntable?
This TT looks as Technics but only if you look on him from more then 20 meters distance.
If you say that Hanpin make junk, this TT not deserve to name it junk, this is much worse then this.
 
Have you played a record yet? It may be no technics but I am sure it will make music with a proper stylus on it. Is it your first table?

Welcome to AK by the way.
 
Seeing you were gifted it give it a listen, might not be the best made but it will be the perfect learner table and down the road will make a small down payment on a better table when you sell it on Craigslist. Also my guess it is out of the Hanpin catalog for anyone to put their brand name on.
 
Sorry for the delayed reply.

I have several turntables but these are in storage, so got given this to play some of my old vinyl still in the loft.
As for this turntable, let say it plays and leave it at that. But the good thing is that it's made me want to get a better turntable out of storage.
I use to collect vintage audio, and from what I remember I have :

Sansui SR MK222
Thorens 160
Pioneer PL12d
Goldring Lenco GL75
Beogram 2402
Beogram 2000

And a couple of Beocentres

To be honest, really only used the Pioneer regularly, the rest I just collected and thought I would I put together some super duper audio man cave.
But kids came along and the rest is history.
As soon as I have the time will probably unload most of these, but will keep the Thorens and Goldring.
 
Back
Top Bottom