• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

What type of antenna is this?

Compgeke

Geek
I'll have some pictures tomorrow but the connection is for an FM antenna and it looks a lot light a BNC network connector but different. If I can find a connector that fits on this I can make my own antenna (aka, wire it up to the giant CB antenna on the roof) that gets great reception.
 
Register to hide this ad
The video connector in the link above is called a PAL connector - Yamaha, e.g., used them on their consumer tuners world-wide in the 1970s and they're not uncommon in European tuners and receivers. Radio Shack still sells F to PAL and vice versa adaptors (last I knew).
 
Thanks, it looks the most like that PAL connector. I guess I'll be taking a walk down to radio shack to find one.
 
Bought my wife a Philips Radio/CD/ipod. It had a pal connecter and I fussed and fumed for a few days. Then I decided to try one of my RF slip-on's that I had on hand. Works perfectly, she is now connected to my big outside antenna.
 
Back
Top Bottom