• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

What type of Speaker Stands

Freddie73

Active Member
Running a Fisher 800c I just purchased excellent condition Wharfedale W60E’s. Room is 15’ x 18’ x 8’ ceilings. Speakers 2’ from front wall 3’ from sides. Sitting position equilateral triangle from speakers. Room is dedicated for office/music so placement is wide open. Running a powered subwoofer for below 35hz. Usually don’t need it. I don’t have speaker stands. They are sitting on end tables borrowed from another room at tweeter ear level. Should I build stands that are 20” off the ground like the end tables or by vintage type 10” off the ground that tilt backwards,(Iike JBL type stands) ?
They sound great now
 
Register to hide this ad
Generally tweeters should be aimed at your ears. Closer to walls or corners usually increases bass. Before you buy stands, you could try bricks, books, footstools of various height, angles. Hear to see if improves. Only rules are, what ever sounds best to you.
 
Back
Top Bottom