• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

What volume pots work with 2250B

Zolton

Well-Known Member
I just posted this question in the vintage SS gear section before I realized that this section was available. I'm a newb. :D
I recently bought a seemingly decent 2250B and when I got it home and opened it up, I found that some dick-wad had replaced the volume control pot with some POS unit and did the worst job ever of installing it. :tears: Some of the wires were just twisted together!!!
Anyways....I wouldn't think of using it or selling it till it is up to snuff :no:
Does anyone know what pot is the proper replacement unit for this receiver? I know one from another 2250B will work but how about from other 22xx units? Which ones would be suitable donors for this sad case 2250B. I'd like to find one on (ebay or somewhere) that is an OEM Marantz piece if I could.
 
Register to hide this ad
The volume control for a 2250B is a 250K Ohm dual pot with a loudness tap, part number RM254022.

Tom
 
Really? That's the one? Dang! The seller doesn't ship to Canada. I've submitted a request to do so....stay tuned.

Edit; The seller will ship to me in Canada and I've bid on the 2 pots. If I win, I only need one so if you know of anyone out there that could use the other...let me know.
Thanks for your help guys!
 
Last edited:
The 2250B is a sweet receiver, and relatively rare, also. There is a very nice brochure that Marantz produced that details the 2250B, 2275, and 2325, which were sold simultaneously for at least one year. You can find it on that website where manuals are available for free download- can't think of what its called right now, but saw this brochure just the other day again on there. Advertising today rarely is so informative- Marantz was justifiably proud of all three of these units!
 
I really need the same pot (I think) for 2225B... 250K alps dual-ganged with loudness tap...

If I can't find a NOS or used one (hey zolton! hint hint), are there other aftermarket ones that will fit? I'm pretty new to this but it would be nice if the form factor worked with the original knob. I'm happy to soup it up with a stepped attenuator, etc.
 
Back
Top Bottom