• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

What Would You Do??????

usedto

Lunatic Member
Yesterday morning I got up as usual, showered, shaved, brushed my teeth, and fired up the ol' Water Pik, just like I always do. Working on the bottom left side of my mouth when something felt a little funny, followed by my $1300 gold crown dropping into the sink. I picked it up, and waited until 8 to call my dentist. They told me to come in a 9, which I did.

I've gone to the same dentist for close to 25 years, and know the gals that work in the office pretty well. I was talking to them prior to going to the chair when they asked how it happened. They then told me (not too many other people around) about a little old lady who also lost a crown just about the same as mine. However, she had lost hers while eating or sleeping, I don't remember which, and had swallowed hers. The dentist told her she had two options - have a new one made (to the tune of over $1000), or let mother nature take it's course, and "retrieve" the original one when it finished it's journey, and have it re-installed. The lady, on a limited income, chose the latter. When she "found" the lost crown, she washed it, brought it to the dentist where they sterilized it, and put it back in.

Soooooooooooooooooo:scratch2::scratch2:.......if this happened to you, what would you do? Is there a dollar amount that would sway your decision one way or the other? Build a new one, or go fishin' for the old one?

I guess I'm lucky mine fell out into the sink. By the way, the dentist said it looked like there was a failure in the adhesive that was used to set the crown. I hope they got better glue before they did the second one!!!
 
Register to hide this ad
I'd for sure go fishing. I've had crowns come off too but while eating and I bit down on it and mangled it so the dentist made me a new one and glued it on for free.

Murray
 
Bring in the raw material and let the dentist fish it out.

I'd go with this option, then have it sterilized three times at least..

You got lucky.. when I lost my crown, I had to have the nub pulled. Reason mine failed was because it wasn't sealed well, and the nub started to decay and I didn't know it.. they pulled what was left..

I still got the crown.. I had it probably 15 years or so.. so I figure soon it should be worth more than what I paid for it and I'll take it in to the assayer..
 
My parents found a crown swishing around the bottom of their toilet bowl after Christmas. No one ever stepped up to claim it.
 
Lessee, $1300 or a bit of poo on your hands???:scratch2::scratch2:


Add me to the fishing list.
Can't be much worse than cleaning up after Emmy in the backyard....
 
My financial situation being what it is I would sell the crown and learn to chew and or bite in a different manner. :smoke:
 
I would go pannin' for gold. Actually, I'd probably use a colander. Wouldn't use the colander for spaghetti anymore though.
 
Back
Top Bottom