• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

What Would you do?

BroonsBane

raisn em up waxin em down
Subscriber
Opinions please.

I'm fortunate to have come into possession of 2 Luxman L-100U integrated amps. They have both been serviced, have no (knock knock knock) operational issues and both sound fantastic. One is a little cleaner than the other but they are pretty close cosmetically. The question...
Should I sell or trade one or keep them both in case I need one for parts? What would you do?
 
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
Part out a working unit???!!

Even if your nice L-100 had probs, would you consider parting down a working unit to make it work? I wouldn't! Luxman parts might be hard to find, but they can't be that HARD to find.
I would keep the nice one and sell the lesser of the two.
You lucky dog, most of us would love to have your dilema! :D
Only my dos centavos. Have fun!
 
It definatley is a nice position to be in. I think i'm going to keep them both, at least for the next while. I have them both in service so I can enjoy them daily...the HPM100's really like them!
 
I would keep them both. Luxman appears to be active in Japan, but their support in the US has been minimal since their breakup with Alpine. For a time, as I recall, Canton Corporation was handling distribution of Luxman audio, but they refused to provide technical and parts support any product manufactured prior to their taking over distributorship. Thus, the vast number of high-quality Luxman units manufactured in the 70's and 80's were left high and dry -- unless you had contacts in Japan.

Stick the "backup" unit in a plastic bag. If you have silica gel, jam a couple of packs inside. Seal with a twist tie.

Best,

Fred Longworth
San Diego, CA
 
bytor said:
well...another rush fan....or could it be terry brown?[/QUOT

Right on the first time :) The L-100, HPM 100's and Moving Pictures is an awesome combination!

Thanks for all the input guys. I'm going to be keeping both. I've got a few other pieces of Lux gear coming over the next week or so and i'm starting to have a nice little Luxman collection.
 
Back
Top Bottom