• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

What's Pioneer in your rig?

SX 3700 sitting next to my Realistic LAB 500 Turntable.
I am giving it some exercise after sitting for a while, as my Daily receiver is a Harman Kardon 330C that was Restored/Re-capped by a fellow AK'er.

Both excellent Receivers!

Ken
The receiver and turntable are cool. But I love the twin lens reflex on the shelf!!! ;)
 
Lol, thanks. One is a Yashica MAT 124G (the black one) I bought in Berlin in the mid 80's and have had since...
The other is my Dad's Super Ricoh Flex that he bought in Japan while in the Air Force, circa 1956 or so.
I have kept both in excellent condition and still use them both on occasion.

Note: As an aside, the AM/Phonograph on the middle shelf, is the first piece of "Audio Gear" I ever received. (besides an AM Transistor Radio)
Got it from Santa, Christmas of 1973. A Sears AM Radio Phonograph straight out of the 1973 Sears Christmas Catalog. (Page 605)
It began my journey into "playing records" as well as all things audio as well.

Still works, and is a reminder of how much I loved playing/listening to music...regardless of the "quality" we often chase at times.

Ken
 
Last edited:
Lol, thanks. One is a Yashica MAT 124G (the black one) I bought in Berlin in the mid 80's and have had since...
The other is my Dad's Super Ricoh Flex that he bought in Japan while in the Air Force, circa 1956 or so.
...

Ken
Ken, I didn't see that there are two. I couldn't see the second lens on the Yashica. I've always wanted to get a twin lens reflex. I see the Canon(s) the other end of the shelf. Are they DSLR's or have you gone mirrorless? I'm retired and don't shoot for hire anymore so I'm just sticking with my DSLR's.
 
Ken, I didn't see that there are two. I couldn't see the second lens on the Yashica. I've always wanted to get a twin lens reflex. I see the Canon(s) the other end of the shelf. Are they DSLR's or have you gone mirrorless? I'm retired and don't shoot for hire anymore so I'm just sticking with my DSLR's.

Two Canon 6D's, one Mk 1 the other a Mk 2....DSLR's.
I have a couple other cameras that I travel with, a Ricoh GR III and a Lumix LX 100. I use them more often, but use the DSLR's for "real" work lol.

The TLR's are fun and make me put the basics to use...like we had to all those years ago lol.

Ken
 
Two Canon 6D's, one Mk 1 the other a Mk 2....DSLR's.
I have a couple other cameras that I travel with, a Ricoh GR III and a Lumix LX 100. I use them more often, but use the DSLR's for "real" work lol.

The TLR's are fun and make me put the basics to use...like we had to all those years ago lol.

Ken
As I think I said earlier, I have always wanted a TLR, but probably not going to happen now. And I get "make me put the basics to use". Film and developing is expensive! Shooting for hire I mainly used my 5D system. But for my personal use,especially landscapes, I used my Mamiya 645. Gawd I loved that format! And I miss that thing!
 
I have a Pioneer RT-71 in the basement workshop system. It's in pretty nice condition. Had it since 2012. I did belts and bulbs, clean/lube including FWD/REV switches and potentiometers. Have original box, owner manual and dust cover that required some corner repairs. I've never been able to find a complete service manual for it, even at the service manual pay sites. They are all just a few pages of circuit boards and a schematic. Some manuals in color, some B/W.

I downloaded a service manual for a T-6600 which is very similar. The RT-71 added a standard/LH tape selector.

EDIT: 01/27/26

FWIW, I got an answer from Norman at Analog Alley Service Manuals. (No affiliation).

He said it isn't a six-page thing, it's more like a large poster that was scanned into six pages. He explained that Pioneer are well known for not publishing duplicate material if it's covered in another manual. That makes perfect sense since the T-6600 is near exactly the same. The RT-71 just got a makeover, and they added the std/LH tape selector. He also mentioned on later manuals, Pioneer added the words supplemental or change. Sounds like my search is over and I may have everything that exists for it.
 

Attachments

  • RT71_a.jpg
    RT71_a.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 7
  • RT71_aa.jpg
    RT71_aa.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 7
  • 20260101_223413.jpg
    20260101_223413.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 6
  • pioneer_t-6600_auto_reverse_tape_deck.jpg
    pioneer_t-6600_auto_reverse_tape_deck.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot 2026-01-03 110625.png
    Screenshot 2026-01-03 110625.png
    512.1 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Pioneer SX-1080 and CT-F800 that I've owned since 1986. Picked them both up at a hamfest along with a SX1280 and Dual 1229 for twenty-something each. All had come from the same building that was hit by lightning, the 1280 had an open power transformer and at the time a replacement was out of my reach, all the outputs were shorted and part of the input board was zapped. The 1080 meters had also been pegged against the stops I'm assuming from the jolt so I salvaged the 1280 meters but never changed the scales... oh well. Electronics teacher in school helped me source the transistors and I got it working in class.
The CT-F800 had nothing wrong with it and has made countless mix tapes over the decades some sourced from the Technics SL-P8 on the top, that came from Audio Innovations in Edina MN the fall of 1984. The tube amp on the top is a project I started in the 6th grade during the first Reagan administration.


IMG_20260202_103357248_HDR.jpg

Lightning damage to the input board, phono preamp has never worked so I made my own.
IMG_20251028_174321968.jpg


CT-F800 that still works like new today.
IMG_20260202_103419101_HDR.jpg
 
I just realized that A LOT of the equipment I've collected over the years is Pioneer.
I used to own a Pioneer SX-636 stereo receiver (1975).
I currently own:
SE-30 Headphones (1971)
VSX-512S Multi-channel receiver (1993)
CDL-D504 Laserdisc/CD player (1995)
 
Back
Top Bottom