• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Whats the nicest looking vintage boombox?

Register to hide this ad
I paticularly remember the big massive JVC's and the high power output Lasonics, Pioneer made some nice ones as well, I used to have a Lasonic back in the eighties, used to take it to lake nokomis, in minneapolis, minnesota, good partybox, used to jam out in the small parking lot side of the lake----Ahhhhh" those good ole days of weed-titties&beer- I remember lots of ladies there too---anyway sorry bout the rambling on, but those few boomboxes i do remember. the bird :smoke: :yes: :thmbsp:
 
Those old Sonys were fine radios. I wouldn't mind a classic boombox like that for some nice FM in the yard... :) I do have a late 80's Panasonic small 'box my grandfather (rest his soul) had found at a Goodwill, identical to the radio my mom bought me in the mid 80's. Brings back memories, and has a fairly respectable FM front end, despite being a bit cheapish...cassette still works well, too.

TP
 
Wow, wonder why eBay removed this listing? Sucks. Yeah, I agree there were better and louder boomboxes of the same era but that Sony looked damn classy.
 
Back
Top Bottom