• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

What's the take on 80's black face teledyne acoustic research electronics?

poortom

Active Member
I'm looking for something to drive my ar-2ax speakers and notice some nice black-face 80's(?) vintage Teledyne Acoustic Research receivers/amps coming up on fleabay. Are they anything worth considering? The pricing of the gold 60’s vintage AR electronics seems pretty high if it comes up in good condition.

How's the reliability?

How were they received in their day?

Are the power ratings conservative?

Has anyone had any experience with this vintage of AR components?
 
Register to hide this ad
Search AK, I recall a couple units that were talked about. Seemed like healthy gear if I recall correctly.
 
Back
Top Bottom