• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

What's wrong with my Advent 5002? They sound very harsh.

Can't see from your picture if woofers have mesh dustcaps. I know NLA's should have them for voicecoil breathing. May not have much effect.
 
In 2023 I have the same issue. Tweeters are unbearably harsh on the "normal" setting. The caps were fine. On the background setting they sound awesome.
 
So, I determined the tweeters were not original. A horrible match. They were actually Realistic knockoffs of phillilps tweeter. Harsh was an understatement. I tested a few sets I had in my bin and for the time being am very happy with a set of sony branded tweeters installed until I can source a set of original tweeters. The a/b comparison was night and day. Live and learn. I tend to find phillips tweeter harsh and understand from researching them that a series resistor and parallel resistor are needed to get the most out of them.

The bass improved as well, most likely do to some cancelation or diffractions being eliminated.

Oh well.
 
Back
Top Bottom