• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

What's your favorite Neil Young album?

chillwolf

"Play 'em off!"
Since similost posted about getting tickets to Neil Young's concert, it got me to thinking what everyone's favorite Neil Young album is.
I know some of you may not like him, but that's OK, he doesn't appeal to everyone! :sigh:
For me it's "Freedom", been listening all week to it in the car when commuting. :thmbsp:
 
Register to hide this ad
Zuma, no doubt about it.
Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere before Zuma came out, and S/T before that came out. :smoke:


Carl
 
I'm gonna have to say Decade, because it has so much of his really great stuff on it... but then again, I really like Trans because he went off on such a different tangent with that..
 
1) Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere

2) Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere

3) Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere
 
On The Beach is one of my favorites simply because it feels so weirdly dark.

My favorite. I thought the dark mood of On The Beach really summed things up about the state of things when it was released, and it really stuck with me. I found it more approachable and outward looking than Tonight's The Night - another of Neil's weirdly dark releases.
 
I've been heavily rotating NY's Live @ Massey Hall album through my daily playlist (especially when I don't want to get anything done)...extremely well recorded for a live album, sounded like an amazing show and some of my fav songs to boot.
 
Sometimes, Ragged Glory, and when not Ragged Glory, either of two of its "hard rock Neil" spiritual ancestors: Zuma and Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere. I also like Tonight's The Night for very different reasons.

- edwin
 
Bingo!


Neil Young tops new book's tally of top 100 Canadian albums

see this link for more:
http://www.cbc.ca/arts/music/story/2007/10/18/mersereau-cancon-albums.html

Here's the core of it:

Nearly 600 music fans and critics, artists, retailers and other members of the industry submitted their votes for author and journalist Bob Mersereau's new book, The Top 100 Canadian Albums, released Thursday.

And Neil's work figured in 8 of the top 100. Not bad for a guy with "a whiney nasal voice". And the top album was 1972's "Harvest".
 
Back
Top Bottom