• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

When was the Sansui FR-4060 introduced?

dlucy

dlucy67 (Doug)
Staff member
Moderator
Subscriber
I've got a SR-4050C belt-driven turntable up for sale over in BarterTown and a fellow AK'er posted a link to a FR-4060 elsewhere. I know my SR-4050C was the TOTL at the time, but I'm curious to know how far after that the FR-4060 came along.

When was the FR-4060 introduced? Is it in the same design (circuitry and mechanics) line as the SR-4050C?
 
Register to hide this ad
There is only one FR-4060 in the database. It was produced in December 1973. It's way too small of a sample size to get an idea of the production range but it was around in early '73 for sure. Your SR-4050c was built in August, 1972. It's also the only one of those on file. There is an SR-4050a with a build date of May '72 and it's the only one of those.

This may not be an accurate date range but it does give you the era.

- Pete
 
Sansui FR-4060 was listed at 58,000 yen in 1973. :)

Yen to dollar exchange ranged between 264.95 - 301.15 throughout 1973.
 
I have a FR4060 purchased in 1974 in Subic Bay Navy exchange I think Sansui only mfg them for a couple of years 73-74 not sure if they continued production into 75 or not. Ken
 
Please post the serial number for the database. Click on the link in my signature block.

- Pete
 
Back
Top Bottom