• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Where can I get fancy or colored incadscent light bulbs cheap?

leesonic

Captured on security camera...
Subscriber
Like the title says, where can I get fancy or colored incandescent light bulbs cheap?

Ideally, I'd like something retro looking like this :

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Feit-Electric-Original-Vintage-Style-40-Watt-Incandescent-ST19-Light-Bulb-BP40ST19-RP/203222780?N=5yc1vZc7n7Z1z0vxiy

But they are $9.97 each, or $178 for a 24 pack.

Or something like this, a plain old colored light bulb :

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Philips-25-Watt-Incandescent-A19-Transparent-Light-Bulb-Green-427575/100541533?N=5yc1vZc7n7Z1z0vxiy

Which are $3.28 each, for 24 that's still $78.

I need 24 of them. I'm also going to need the bulb holders for them as well. Yes, you guessed it, I'm building (or would like to build) a 2 x 12 giant VU meter using big bulbs. Costs of the lighting might force me to abandon the project though...

Lee.
 
Register to hide this ad
Well, if you could scale back some, c-7 bulbs (I think) are the ones most often used in Christmas light strings. They are 7 watt bulbs and given the time of year, they should be plentiful and in a lot of colors.
LED lights are replacing those incandescent strings, but the bulbs are still plentiful - and cheap. A 4 pack of the clear, colored type is $1.59.
Just a thought if you didn't have to have 25 watters.
 
Back
Top Bottom