• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Where can I try out new headphones before I buy them?

alexa13

New Member
I'm looking to buy a new pair of headphones for about $150-$200. I would like to be able to try them out before I buy them so I can compare different brands, etc. I'm not looking to buy Beats or Bose headphones so Best Buy is out of the question. Anyone know of any good stores to go to that have other headphone options? Or does anyone have some suggestions for good headphones for around this price range? Thanks! :)
 
Register to hide this ad
Maybe a Guitar Center.
Yes. They've always been very helpful to me and have a decent selection.

Best Buy Magnolia is also good, but you have to listen through their little "listening wall" whereas Guitar Center will let you take the headphones straight from the box and hook them directly into your portable device which I like.
 
Maybe a Guitar Center.

Second. Lotta good entry level pro cans there like the Sennheiser HD280, Sony MDR 7506 and AT M50.

What's your location and maybe there's a hifi dealer near you who carries some open backed Sennheisers or Grados...
 
Suggestion (though I'm guilty of not always following), if you "test drive" headphones (or anything else) in a store, consider buying them there, even if they're a little more expensive than on line. There is some expense involved with running a brick and mortar store and providing free demos. If B&M stores can't make a buck, as some point in time, there won't be any more.
 
Like RobinHawaii says, if you post your location somebody will probably suggest something like this (in Vancouver BC). I was very impressed with them, and ended up buying the headphones they demoed, rather than the ones I selected by researching online.

http://www.headphonebar.com/
 
I just had a top experience at a Guitar Center. This local store gets excellent reviews and am fortunate to have this caliber of people close. If you are in the Seattle area.....Southcenter store is worth a visit.
 
Back
Top Bottom