• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Where does everyone buy their Deoxit?

Anubis

Super Member
I have a Rat Shack, JK Electronics and Home Depot near me and none of them carry the Deoxit I need.
I have the regular spray can of #5, but I need the bottle of Red and a bottle of Gold. Yes, I'm following the "Deoxit for dummies" post to the letter, because it's great. So I want to do it right. My Pioneer SX-990 has been sitting untouched for 3 weeks and I don't want to start cleaning it and replacing bulbs and such until I have everything I need.

So where do you guys get the bottles of Red and Gold Deoxit? I'll just go where you go.
 
Register to hide this ad
frys%20logo.jpg
 
Guitar Center? I never would have thought of that. Do they carry the full line or just the standard Deoxit?
frys is always out of what I need.
I'll go with parts express and pay full price as I don't know when it will be on sale and I don't want my project sitting there untouched for another month or more. (Unless $25 is a sale price for Deoxit Gold)?
 
I can't remember but I have the standard three cans, Deoxit D5, Gold G5, and Faderlube F5, about $12-15 each in 5oz spray cans.
 
Guitar and amp pots crud up just as much as any Hi-Fi gear. GC is pretty much the only show in town for me, but I'm on their mailing list and re-stock when they send me a 40% off coupon.
 
Everyone doen't buy Deoxit but that's another topic :D.

I get it from a local electronics supply outfit in the city but our suburban RadioShack stores carry a similar product if not actual deoxot (can't recall). Some folks use a contact cleaner from the auto parts store but depending on what you intend to used it on caveat emptor.

Edit: oops saw you were specifically looking for red and gold stuff. I don't. I asked at the electronics supply they told me the vast majority of their techs come in buy X so I went with X, whatever X was.
 
Last edited:
I was going to get a bottle of the gold and a bottle of the red from Partsexpress, but they nail you to the wall on shipping! So they turn out to be the most expensive. (I just got a mag lamp and speakers from them and found that Amazon gets the products through them, but cuts the shipping almost in half. (Partsexpress = $30 shipping vs Amazon = $19 shipping) I ordered through amazon.

I like that sweetwater place Catrafter, but they don't have the bottles of Deoxit.

I'm following the Deoxit for Dummies instructions to the letter and it specifically calls for a bottle of red and a bottle of gold Deoxit that one can use with q-tips or pipe cleaners to clean and lube RCA jacks and other spots where a spray can is not appropiate to use.
 
I wonder what kinda deal we might get on a 55 gallon drum, direct from Caig? :D We could have one of us bottle it up into say, 1 quart bottles, & ship it out to other AKers. :scratch2:
 
I like that sweetwater place Catrafter, but they don't have the bottles of Deoxit.

I'm following the Deoxit for Dummies instructions to the letter and it specifically calls for a bottle of red and a bottle of gold Deoxit that one can use with q-tips or pipe cleaners to clean and lube RCA jacks and other spots where a spray can is not appropiate to use.

Spray a small amount of DeoxIt in the can cap, dip a q-tip in that and apply it where you want.

Tom
 
Spray a small amount of DeoxIt in the can cap, dip a q-tip in that and apply it where you want.

Tom

Oh, I didn't think of that. I thought the stuff in the spray can was a little different in viscosity or something, but then thinking about it I realized it isn't, just the same stuff under pressure.
 
I wonder what kinda deal we might get on a 55 gallon drum, direct from Caig? :D We could have one of us bottle it up into say, 1 quart bottles, & ship it out to other AKers. :scratch2:
Hey, thanks, I'm down for a pint. Let me know when you are ready to ship. :D That ought to be a lifetime supply, lol.
 
Although I have been buyng my Deoxit locally. Sweetwater is excellent. I purchased a guitar amp from them and their customer service is great. That's one company I would buy from again in a New York second. :thmbsp:
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom