• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Where have all the SPEC 3's gone?

hendrixfuzz

In From The Storm
I've been on the lookout for one of these for awhile. I haven't seen or heard of one for over a year now. I did bump into a C-73 with a M-73 amp but no SPEC 3.

Also , did Pioneer make an Amp like the M-73, that matches up to the C-73 for the SPEC 3 amp? Just wondering. Where'd they go?
 
Register to hide this ad
Wait a minute....yep almost all my Pioneer sez made in Japan. Actually all except the HPM-200s, they have a Made in USA on them. That may just be the crossover though. Some of the caps have Mexico on them. Must be a world project on the HPM-200.

I've been searching everywhere ,eBay,pawn shops, craigs list, google...seems they are all holed up. I have this pair C-73 aND M-73 that look like it but I'm still looking for the real deal. The last one I saw was at the auction site and it went for an astronomical price.

I have the very rare handleless version. I'll try and get a picture on...my camera needs batteries....DRATS brb
 
utt ohh...I did it!! I'm afraid this may lead to more pictures..which in turn may lead to more knowledge for me since I learn best from pictures!!

Thanks AK, I'm 52 and still learning new stuff all the time.
 
As far as I know all vintage Pioneer was produced in Japan - with no exceptions. The SPEC 3 seems to have been directed to the British market. At least thats where I have seen the ones, that have been up for sale.

regards
Freddy
 
As far as I know all vintage Pioneer was produced in Japan - with no exceptions. The SPEC 3 seems to have been directed to the British market. At least thats where I have seen the ones, that have been up for sale.

regards
Freddy

Interesting... I am certain that those of us who have SX receivers made in Korea would be bothered by that, as well as those of us who have HPM speakers made in the USA.

Where did you get your info, freddy?

(6)
 
I have yet to see any Pioneer stuff made in the 70's produced anywhere outside of Japan. From the 80's on its a completely different story.
 
Interesting... I am certain that those of us who have SX receivers made in Korea would be bothered by that, as well as those of us who have HPM speakers made in the USA.

Where did you get your info, freddy?

(6)

I just assumed that the SPEC 3's were directed mainly for the British Market - because I 've seen a few (5-6 units in all) for sale during the last years - and they were all located in the UK. Some of them was on the big auction-site and a couple on local UK sites. That leads me to that thought. I never saw one SPEC 3 for sale elsewhere - maybe i missed something?

regards
Freddy
 
I have yet to see any Pioneer stuff made in the 70's produced anywhere outside of Japan. From the 80's on its a completely different story.

Easy enough to find by searching the Pioneer forum.

However, I will start a thread to confirm what I already know.

(6)
 
the brits melted them down and sold them to the koreans and they made sx's out of them in the 80's ha ha ha!
 
Back
Top Bottom