• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Where to refurb an old Pickering tonearm???

ghostmusic

New Member
Hi, guys, I just got an old-old Pickering 190D broadcast tonearm. It needs wiring and also some nice touching up, since the tonearm is showing its age. Ideally, I'd love to get it to look like this:

LP743.jpg


So can y'all let me know who can handle jobs like this? Preferably in northern NJ or NYC area, but I don't mind shipping also.

Thanks!
 
Register to hide this ad
If you are at all handy, you could probably do it yourself. And stuff you do yourself always sounds better.
 
DIY always sounds better....

Arm wiring with that arm should not be TOO hard...same with touching it up.
 
Thanks, guys... but I have zero DIY skills, as well as the fact that I work pretty much around the clock. Much rather entrust the job with an expert... any recommendation will be appreciated, thanks!
 
since you work around the clock, why don't you just send one of us that tonearm and get it out of your hair?
 
Brilliant idea, shrinkboy, have a great weekend!

hifi nut, thanks. I'll PM him... although I'd like to find someone closer to home than a Scot...
 
Still holding on?

Just curious if you are still holding on to that Pickering 190 tonearm? Would you care to sell it? I am in the area. Cheers. :yes:
 
Back
Top Bottom