• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

Where to source Alps volume potentiometer?

IowaFightFan

Active Member
I’ve got a Project One receiver that’s in need of a new volume pot. It’s a 12 prong Alps brand pot with Part # 893B on it.

it also says:
200k (ohms symbol) x2
50k (ohms symbol) x2

I snapped a few pics last night, but didn’t get one of the tag. I cleaned it throughly with Deoxit, soldered it back in but still same issue.

I spoke to a shop that does repair on vintage audio and he said it’s a common problem with these Alps pots. He said to see if I can find one and replace it.

I really appreciate any help locating this.
 

Attachments

  • 5CDA9A11-3C10-48C7-8045-7695A14E0BE7.jpeg
    5CDA9A11-3C10-48C7-8045-7695A14E0BE7.jpeg
    110.2 KB · Views: 57
  • 4FA261BF-18DB-4E22-8D29-A6AFCA6AE942.jpeg
    4FA261BF-18DB-4E22-8D29-A6AFCA6AE942.jpeg
    66.8 KB · Views: 50
  • 27394876-2FE1-4853-ACBE-28553CEFDA9C.jpeg
    27394876-2FE1-4853-ACBE-28553CEFDA9C.jpeg
    62.4 KB · Views: 53
  • 355F13DD-67C9-458A-AAC2-CD8E4958A450.jpeg
    355F13DD-67C9-458A-AAC2-CD8E4958A450.jpeg
    84.5 KB · Views: 52
Register to hide this ad
I can not get to it, it seems censored from my country

"
This site has been blocked by the network administrator.
Block reason: Gateway GEO-IP Filter Alert
IP address: ....;).(i have removed);)
Connection initiated from country: Netherlands
 
Well, that is weird! Maybe there's something we didn't know about New Jersey?

Perhaps just try doing a google search for State Electronics Parts Corporation.

Lets hope it's not a CIA front or something, we don't want the Men In Black showing up at your door:eek:
 
Interesting. I live probably five minutes from that business. Or at least from the suite where the P.O. Box is. Maybe one of those pots can fall off the back of the delivery truck. . . .
 
If the pot is considered lost, then you have nothing to loose by trying to disassemble it and see if there is something you can do about it. May be it is some stubborn dirt.AlpsOpen.jpg
 
I’ve got a Project One receiver that’s in need of a new volume pot... I cleaned it throughly with Deoxit, soldered it back in but still same issue.
If the pot is considered lost, then you have nothing to loose by trying to disassemble it and see if there is something you can do about it. May be it is some stubborn dirt.View attachment 1997813
What's the problem with the pot? I agree, finding the exact same pot might be difficult if not impossible. Trying to fix it seems like a good idea.
 
I can not get to it, it seems censored from my country

"
This site has been blocked by the network administrator.
Block reason: Gateway GEO-IP Filter Alert
IP address: ....;).(i have removed);)
Connection initiated from country: Netherlands

Interesting, get a "This site can't be reached" message here in Hong Kong. Might be a geographic thing, US only? Also for state-elc.com.
 
Back
Top Bottom