• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Where Your Movies Come From

RickeyM

Addicted Member
This is about movies, movies that are supposed to be happening in one location but actually shot (at least in part) in another location. Yesterday i watched part of Live Free of Die Hard, one of Bruce Willis' Die Hard flicks. Part of the movie was supposed to happen in DC but was actually shot in Baltimore. I don't know if I noticed it before but I found myself going "hey, I know where that is!" in several scenes. Then I saw the movie Enemy of the State in the listings. Quite a few parts of that were filmed on location in Baltimore as well. Some of the old Sci-Fi flick Species was filmed locally too.
So how about it, any movies come to mind that were supposed to be in one location but were actually filmed in some other place that you recognize?
 
Register to hide this ad
If a TV show qualifies, an episode of Chicago P.D. was supposedly filmed at a "Gun Show in Wisconsin",
while the actual location was the DuPage County Fairgrounds in Wheaton, of which I had poked around at EXACTLY their filming points,
so the filmed viewpoint was EXTREMELY familiar. Was a bit of a shock on the first scene.
 
Back
Top Bottom