• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Which Actron OBD II scan tool?

roger2

.
Subscriber
This will just be for DIY use, fixing whatever might activate the "Service Engine Soon" light on two OBD II GM cars.

Actron models listed below are available at my local Autozone. Model numbers may not match others I have seen referenced here and elsewhere. From from least to most expensive:

CP9125: reads and erases codes

CP9550: additionally, provides IM emissions info and VIN

CP9575: additionally, displays live data and "Enhanced Codes". What are enhanced codes?

CP9580: additionally, offers Top Rated and Frequent fixes



Are any of the more advanced features useful enough to pay extra?


Thanks in advance...
 
Register to hide this ad
I have a AutoXray scanner and it displays live data. Very handy when troubleshooting. I would recommend that option which puts you at the CP9575. Don't know what your budget is though or how much those Actron scanners are.
 
I recently picked up a Actron Pocket Scan Plus from Advance Auto cost me about $50 when you order online with their coupon code. It works fine and will clear the codes as well. I'd recommend looking on Amazon.com as they have them cheaper than what I paid.
 
Anybody know what sort of a tool you need to read/clear driveline codes? The "Service 4WD" light is on in my Dodge truck (and the 4WD is non-functional), and apparently the only place I can get it read is at the dealer -- for a hundred bucks a pop.
 
I got the CP9125, basic model, for $49 on sale at Autozone. Got the Haynes OBD-II manual too. Need to sort out a couple things on my Mom's 2001 LeSabre (new thread upcoming most likely, lol)


noogies you should start a new thread with your question as it is a different topic
 
I've got a CP9180 that works great. I recommend it if they are still available - check the bay. I have fixed several of my neighbors cars. Real time data, on screen code definitions, resets codes, all the other good stuff.
 
Back
Top Bottom