• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

Which Integrated Amp

frjeff

New Member
Currently running a Sansui 771 receiver to drive Klipsch KG4's.

Which Sansui AU integrated amp would most replicate (or improve) the warm sound of my 771? Just do not use the receiver much and wondering if I ought replace with an amp.

Or, am I perfectly good as is?
 
Register to hide this ad
Try a AU series amp , like AU , 9900, 11000, 20000, and then the combos, BA 3000, CA 3000, BA 5000, but if you want to stay on the receiver side , try an eight , or eight deluxe, or go 9090db, way. They are not far apart soundwise. Also you can try qrx 7001-8001-9001, along with 9090db , 8080db.
I think the best bet is eight or deluxe.
 
I'd go single digit - SIX or SEVEN. They are much cheaper than the Eight or deluxe in particular. Plenty of power and a very detailed punchy sound. Finally they are a great combination of the old vs new school sansui. Old school build quality with step attenuated tone controls, separate driver boards, plenty of shielding and quality wood veneer cabinets - New school amp with dual supply rails, advanced circuitry and a full complementary output stage.
 
I own a Sansui 881 receiver (sound quality wise is more-or-less the same as the 771),and whilst it's an excellent sounding receiver,it doesn't come close to the Eight Deluxe or AU-919 integrated.I suppose it all depends on your budget,but if you wanna hear a big improvement,I'd go with one of the latter two.
 
I own an AU 7500 amp and an 881 receiver and I agree with previous advice. Keep the 771 though. The more the merrier.
 
Back
Top Bottom