• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Which is better Quadraflex 510T or Technics SL-3200

Alkeys

Active Member
Hey guys- My shop has a couple of decks. I need a new turntable for home use.

My local shop has a Quadraflex 510T and the Technics SL-3200. Both are similarly priced and both in like new condition.

I know the Quadraflex is belt drive and the Technics SL-3200 is direct drive.

Do you guys know which is a better table? I'm looking for something reliable and that has low noise.

Thanks
 
Register to hide this ad
Does anyone have experience with Quadraflex turntables?

If memory serves, it was a house brand for Pacific Stereo. If you posted a picture of it, the forum-ites here might be able to tell if it was built by CEC, a Japanese company that was an OEM turntable supplier for a number of brands over the years. If it's a CEC, it could be pretty good.
 
Coming five years late but I've got a Quadraflex Reference 510T that got at a thrift store for $8!!! It sounds really great. It's my main rig until I get my Thorens TD 165 repaired. I was very surprised how nice it sounds actually. Running it to a Nikko 615 reciever with original large Advent speakers.
 
Back
Top Bottom