• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Which JBL's are these??

JesusJones

Well-Known Member
I'm very tempted by these. I've wanted to hear for myself why so many people like JBLs but I don't wanna judge JBL from one of there lower models. And I don't even know what model it is. I just have a picture.

what can you tell me about these?
 

Attachments

  • 13218576.jpg
    13218576.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 87
Register to hide this ad
I'm very tempted by these. I've wanted to hear for myself why so many people like JBLs but I don't wanna judge JBL from one of there lower models. And I don't even know what model it is. I just have a picture.

what can you tell me about these?

L50s. Not bad, but not worth a ton of $ compared to some other JBLs. 10" woof, typical 5" mid like the L100s & L110s & others, LE26 cone tweet. Could have nice walnut cabs, could be trashed. Grilles look cool but reduce the high freqs pretty badly. The foilcal/label has been partially removed, that's more $ off to me.

They'll give you a taste of the L100-type JBLs, but without as much of the bloated bass & pushed mids. Good way to buy in cheap, especially if the cabs are scratched & you can get a good price.

Don't play them until you re-foam the woofers, you can ruin the voice coils. If you want to test them, lay them on their back & test them gently while they're face-up. Test the L-pads, expect to have to clean them but use that as another bargaining point.

je
 
Back
Top Bottom