• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Which of these 3 CD changers is the best?

Jason!978

Active Member
I have narrowed down my CD changer I am going to get to 3 choices. I originally said only the Integra Premium, but sadly it seems to be gone from all websites I had looked on to buy it from, it's been removed from both Best Buy, and Amazon, on the same day, a few days ago, and doesn't look like it is coming back. But I will keep that one as a choice in case it does come back in the next month to 6 weeks when I order one.
So the 3 are.

1. Integra Premium 6 Disc CD Carousel Changer Black (CDC-3.4)
2. Yamaha CD-C600BL 5-Disc CD Changer
3. Onkyo DXC390 6 Disc CD Changer

If you were to get one of these 3, which would it be? Oh and does anyone know if the Integra Premium is discontinued?
Thanks
 
Register to hide this ad
I've have/had 3 Yamaha CD 5-Disc players and one single player. They sound much better than the Onkyo and Marantz carousels that I've had.
 
That is a lot of Yamaha cd players to go through doesn't sound like they are very durable.
On the contrary, I had two in separate systems in the living room , one in my office and one in the garage all at the same time. Never had any problems.
 
Last edited:
Oh glad to hear you didn't have problems I really like the Yamaha and it is not at too high of a price. Are Yamaha's still made in Japan? Or have they too been outsourced to China? The size of the Yamaha is kind of important because it will fit perfectly on the shelf I have where I plan to put it. The other 2 won't they are slightly bigger and so that is kind of annoying but the Yamaha would fit nicely there. Thanks for the replies
 
I recently heard that particular Onkyo CD player and the sound was absolutely superb, I wouldn’t count it out until having a listen.
 
I own two of the Integra CDC 3.4 players. I prefer those over the Yamaha. The Integra has both optical and coax outputs. The Yamaha has optical only. The Yamaha has the push buttons underneath the tray, a bad location in my view.

The Integra is a premium Onkyo player. At last check the Stereo Barn in Reading PA sells these. I would check with them. Stereobarn.com
 
I have narrowed down my CD changer I am going to get to 3 choices. I originally said only the Integra Premium, but sadly it seems to be gone from all websites I had looked on to buy it from, it's been removed from both Best Buy, and Amazon, on the same day, a few days ago, and doesn't look like it is coming back. But I will keep that one as a choice in case it does come back in the next month to 6 weeks when I order one.
So the 3 are.

1. Integra Premium 6 Disc CD Carousel Changer Black (CDC-3.4)
2. Yamaha CD-C600BL 5-Disc CD Changer
3. Onkyo DXC390 6 Disc CD Changer

If you were to get one of these 3, which would it be? Oh and does anyone know if the Integra Premium is discontinued?
Thanks

Answer, the Integra is technically higher end of these being the high end installer centric line. But the Nakamichi Music Bank changer (McIntosh built a changer which used that transport, is the highest end CD changer I know of)
 
Back
Top Bottom