• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Which Pioneer CT-FXXX Cassette deck for Playback only?

Mark W.

Nut house of the Universe
I want to add a Pioneer CT-FXXX series Cassette deck to my subsystem (A Turntable, Preamp, CD Recorder) that I can use to play Cassettes to be recorded on to CD (yes I know all the things about quality)

Anyway which of the CT-F500-1000 Cassette decks is the lowest on the totem pole that will offer me good play back

I already have a CT-F900 in my main system for Recording and Playback. I just need a unit for dubbing to CD.
 
Register to hide this ad
I am pretty fond of the CT-F750. Floroscan with auto reverse and metal tape setting. Excellent sound with good highs. 3rd from the bottom of that line.
CT-F600 and CT-F650 below.
 
Mark, I have pretty much every one of the decks you mentioned with the exception of the 1000, it's on the "to do" shelf. The CT-750 & 850 are generally sleepers compared to the 900/950's, and also have a lower profile.
I used to be biased against the "metered" decks because I was collecting the florescan, but I have recently added a CT-F 700 & 9191 to my list of very good sounding decks.
 
Two votes for the 750! I'll have to take a look. a lower profile would not be a bad thing I do have almost 8" room in my Sub system rack for something. But it would be nice if I could fit something else in there as well. (since I stupidly made the shelves solid and not movable like i now see I should have).

Oh and I like meters.
 
Back
Top Bottom