• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Which Technics for a reliable backup?

Jerwardemy

Active Member
Im looking for a backup for my Thorens...Im currently looking at either a sl-1400 mk2 with fixed cueing mechanism or a sl-5300...They both have similar specs, use the same arm as the 1200 mk2. Which one do you guys think is better? I would go for a 1600-1800 mk2 but they are harder to find. Oh, and I can get the 5300 for about half the price of the 1400mk2
 
Register to hide this ad
Im looking for a backup for my Thorens...Im currently looking at either a sl-1400 mk2 with fixed cueing mechanism or a sl-5300...They both have similar specs, use the same arm as the 1200 mk2. Which one do you guys think is better? I would go for a 1600-1800 mk2 but they are harder to find. Oh, and I can get the 5300 for about half the price of the 1400mk2

The SL-5300 was essentially a lower-cost development of the SL-1400 MK2 with many of the same components. Principle differences are that the arm on the 1400 is better, essentially the same as on all the other MK2 tables, and the upper plinth of the 1400 is forged aluminum and the lower portion is anti-resonance resin.

If I were sure that the cuing on the 1400 was correctly and permanently repaired, I'd go with that one. Otherwise.......

John
 
Back
Top Bottom