integrated
New Member
I've been using a Raspberry Pi with a Khadas Tone Board DAC connected directly to my Hafler 9505 amp. I use LMS and this has worked out really well since I can change the volume from LMS. I wanted to have a bit more control over the bass & treble so I put a Hafler 915 preamp into the mix.
With the DAC connected directly to the amp and no music playing there is no sound from the speakers. With the 915 connected and no music playing I hear some white noise from both speaker tweeters that gets slightly louder as the volume is increased. When I flip the switch on the preamp to mute/output-off the white noise goes away.
The noise is present when music is playing but I don't really notice it unless I'm listening to classical/piano music. I also don't think I'm bothered enough to remove the preamp but I am wondering if there's anything I can replace on it to stop the white noise?
With the DAC connected directly to the amp and no music playing there is no sound from the speakers. With the 915 connected and no music playing I hear some white noise from both speaker tweeters that gets slightly louder as the volume is increased. When I flip the switch on the preamp to mute/output-off the white noise goes away.
The noise is present when music is playing but I don't really notice it unless I'm listening to classical/piano music. I also don't think I'm bothered enough to remove the preamp but I am wondering if there's anything I can replace on it to stop the white noise?