• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

White Van Tools/Equipment Scam

Toasted Almond

RIP 1952-2016
I was doing pick-ups in the truck this morning. When I got back and was backing into the loading/unloading bay, a red pick-up pulled in front of me. The guy gets out (so did I) and starts the spiel. He's got some "Apache" compressors and stuff like that in the back of the pick-up, all brand new, and his work up here in the northeast is finished. His company doesn't want to pay to have the "excess goods/equipment" shipped back to Texas. So I started laughing and asked him why he didn't just leave that PHONY stuff right in the bed of his pick-up for the ride back to Texas. I was still laughing when he departed the parking lot.
 
Register to hide this ad
I had always heard about the white van scams and then one day it happened to me. My reaction was similar. I cut the guy off as he started and finished part of his speech while he stood there looking slack jawed and stunned. :) Then I told him I wasn't interested.
 
I earned a good living with hand tools (Planes, Trains, & Automobiles.....NO affiliation with the movie of the same name).
I can spot a POS hand tool a mile off.

Steve (NOT Martin)
 
Back
Top Bottom