• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Who are you using for managed investments?

I have a city retirement plan, plus a 401k-like thing first done by Aetna, then ING and now Voya. Not thrilled with that management, but pretty much locked in; I will have to start making withdrawals next year, we'll see how it goes.

For 22 years I also worked for the State as a "part time contractor," and was required to contribute to yet another 401K-like thing...this was managed buy a number of different companies, seemingly the State put the contract out to bid every so many years. The last players were juicers called "Empower."

I had an awful time trying to get my "retirement" money out of them once I left State service; it took a phone call to the State house, and luck that I got just the right lady, to start my monthly payments. As far as the State was concerned, I did not exist any more, but no one at Empower would answer a phone or message. I'd love to know what this kind lady told them, because they snapped to after that!.

I now see Empower ads on TV; my unconsidered opinion, avoid them like the plague!
 
We use Equitable advisers, a top Fortune 200 company My son has done his magic and we couldn’t be happier . He hae made us way more than Charles Schwab ever did . He is a licensed agent and series 7 qualified , stock , bonds and retirement . He is manly a retirement specialist and retirement planer .
 
A story:

When my mother passed away in 2012, she left me and my siblings her stocks and money market account. I left my share with her firm. A few years later, our broker retired, and the account was transferred to another agent. I was at a relative's party, and met someone who also worked for the sane brokerage company, and told him who our broker was.

Fast forward to 2019, I was getting tired of the annual fee for the account, plus transaction fees. Another company was offering free self-directed accounts, plus 5.1% interest on deposit accounts, so I moved everything over.

About 3 months later, I got a text from the gentleman I had met at the party, informing me that my broker at the previous firm was no longer with the company. I replied that I had moved my accounts.

Out of pure curiosity and being nosy, I googled the old broker's name. Seems he was involved in a multi-million dollar lawsuit concerning "shady" stock deals, etc.

After reading the "Fisher Finance" thread and the resurrection of this one, I googled his name again today. He now own his own finance company.

No thanks. I'll handle my own finance.
 
Back
Top Bottom