• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Who Are Your Favorite Female Vocalists RIGHT NOW!

Someone needed to mention Loreena McKennitt; I've also been listening a good bit to Lisa Hannigan and Kate Rusby.

Shirley Manson also deserves comment.
 
I will go with currently active singers, as did the OP... but all I can think of is Katy Perry... what LUNGS :naughty:
 
At 65 years of age I like many of those.
Perhaps unusually for my age I have always been smitten by Mary J Blige.
I knew right away she could be for me.
I may have all her albums - not a fan of every track, though. Ballads best.
Musicians who put their soul and the pain in their lives into the music do it for me.
You can tell who does that.
 
At 65 years of age I like many of those.
Perhaps unusually for my age I have always been smitten by Mary J Blige.
I knew right away she could be for me.
I may have all her albums - not a fan of every track, though. Ballads best.
Musicians who put their soul and the pain in their lives into the music do it for me.
You can tell who does that.

I hear you. I had never really listened to her, until watching the Haiti benefit a few months ago. Her rendition of Stephen Foster's Hard Times Come Again No More knocked my socks off. She put her heart and soul into that performance.
 
Hey! - I feel vindicated and honoured, chicks of the real cool Brubeck avatar. :thmbsp:

I thought folks might be jumpin' and a-flamin' me for being an old fool with unsound judgement.

You mean chicks, who's just another old fool who realizes more every day how little he knows, but who's open to learning.
 
Back
Top Bottom