• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Who got the QLS from ebay for $510!

Register to hide this ad
Looks like they didn't meet reserve- no one got them! The elusive eBay deal remains uncaught.

I see now, sorry, i had that auction saved to see what they went for. Did not notice the reserve. Anyone interested needs to keep an eye for a new auction with Buy it Now price from that seller. Hope they don't get parted out, they have a lot of potential.

If I lived with in 500 miles (maybe even further) of those I would be contacting him to make a deal for sure.
Jim
 
For a speaker that sold for 2600 new this 510 price was fair in my opinion due to the condition of the speakers. Farm fresh seems to be correct. Filthy, rusty, parts missing, midrange driver tinsel rusted and broken, cabinets warped.

But they do seem to be all there, 'cept a fuse cap or two, things that can be replaced in a major overhaul. After the overhaul they will be some speakers. But 20% of retail is a fair price for this serious project set.
 
I don't mind a project. Only thing that would scare me is the cabinets. Everything else I can fix. I'm a butch when it comes to woodworking and the cabinets are pretty bad now that I've looked at the pics a little closer.

Emits 50 bucks each, mid domes 70, couplers ?, woofers 80 all very conservative prices. If half of the drivers work they would still be worth it.

How many pairs of these are left? Akers already have most of the nice ones.
 
Last edited:
Emits 50 bucks each, mid domes 70, couplers ?, woofers 80 all very conservative prices. If half of the drivers work they would still be worth it.

Complete speakers usually don't sell for as much as the drivers. Sure you could make some coin but that is work to strip, clean, post, sell, box and ship all those drivers.

I've got a pair of ads 810s that were purchased because the parts were worth more than the price. I ended up rebuilding the bottom of one of the cabinets and now have a nice pair. They are worth twice as much as parts.
 
I don't mind a project. Only thing that would scare me is the cabinets. Everything else I can fix. I'm a butch when it comes to woodworking and the cabinets are pretty bad now that I've looked at the pics a little closer.

Emits 50 bucks each, mid domes 70, couplers ?, woofers 80 all very conservative prices. If half of the drivers work they would still be worth it.

How many pairs of these are left? Akers already have most of the nice ones.

Where can you get good Watkins woofers for $80?
 
Back
Top Bottom