• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Who is your favorite artist that was recommended by an AK member

d-ray657

Ain't this boogie a mess
Looking at the gramys thread gave me this idea. For the most part, the grammys represent music that has the greatest commercial success and the most exposure - something that does not often appeal to AK members. The converse of grammys type music is likely to be more difficult to find. That is where AK comes in. There have been countless threads here asking for recommendations for Blues, Jazz, Classical, Acoustic, Bass, best albums by particular artists, favorite recent discoveries, etc.

Today's question is who do you like best among the musical artists (or albums) that other AK members have recommended to you? For me, one would be Tony Levin. I have also learned more about the depth of the catalog for such artists as King Crimson and Pink Floyd.

How about you. Who do you have to thank AK members for?

Regards,

D-Ray
 
Register to hide this ad
"Trees" - suggested by Modge when I inquired about English Folk music.

Great band that goes well with pychotropic tea.

Ken
 
I read a thread (don't remember which one) and Massive Attack was mentioned by someone. I checked them out on youtube and the rest is recent history.
 
I read a thread (don't remember which one) and Massive Attack was mentioned by someone. I checked them out on youtube and the rest is recent history.

:smoke: yep not bad :D

now try Grizzly Bear, Yellow House

I am guessing you already enjoy Fiona Apple?:scratch2:
 
there are so many I would not know where to start

my suggestion, come over to the Friday, Saturday and Sunday tunes threads and pay close attention, especially to anything spun by RichPA. :smoke:
 
I purchased a couple jazz albums from an AK member recently and discovered Eddie Harris. I love discovering old "new" music.
 
I am inspired every day by the "playlist" threads to pull out records.

Number One on my to buy list is Mahoney's Last Stand by Ronnie Laine & Ron Wood which a bunch of you guys have been talking about.
 
Last edited:
my suggestion, come over to the Friday, Saturday and Sunday tunes threads and pay close attention, especially to anything spun by RichPA. :smoke:

Excellent suggestion and where I've discovered a ton of new music. There's so many I can't begin to list them all.:music:
 
Excellent suggestion and where I've discovered a ton of new music. There's so many I can't begin to list them all.:music:

The last few years I would have to say that 99% of all news music purchases I have made were inspired by those threads or my son.
 
The last few years I would have to say that 99% of all news music purchases I have made were inspired by those threads or my son.

Toasted Almond has had a lot to do with my recent purchases - and thrift stores, of course.

Regards,

D-Ray
 
Off the top of my head 2 spring to mind....

Frank Zappa - Have A Weasels Ripped My Flesh & want Hot Rats)
Dave Brubeck - Time out (bought it, love it)

Both brilliant:banana: Thanks for the recommendations!:thmbsp: keep them coming.

Daza.
 
I remember reading a thread talking about Brian Eno's "Music for Airports". I bought that when I saw it and started down an ambient/electronica road. Boards of Canada is another group introduced to me here. Damn you! :tears: :D :thmbsp:
 
I remember reading a thread talking about Brian Eno's "Music for Airports". I bought that when I saw it and started down an ambient/electronica road. Boards of Canada is another group introduced to me here. Damn you! :tears: :D :thmbsp:

Time for some Four Tet next :banana:

I bought the two Twilight Sad albums based on recommendations here. Good stuff.
 
Back
Top Bottom