• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Who still uses vintage Magnavox CD players?

Currently own Magnavox TDA1541 > CDB-460 / CDB-470 & TDA1543 > CDB-500 / CDB-502 (w/remote).
And I try to grab every TDA-1541 machine that I come across (at least those that I can afford to grab,LOL).

Yeah,big fan of these TDA ~ CD players,cant say enough good things 'bout 'em.

Bret P.
 
I have the same CD player. The TDA1541 sounds really nice. I don't have a permanent home for it just yet...
Hello audio addicts!!
I'm wondering if other people on this forum are using 1980's vintage Magnavox CD players?
I bought my Magnavox CDB460 CD player new in March of 1988.
Very punchy and dynamic, plus it will track anything!
I am still using it to this day...........................

Steve :thmbsp: :music:
 
I have an old CDB 473, havent used it in years. It was good! made in Belgium (< this I know) by Phillips *I think*. Bought at a 'Sears Surplus Store' new for $52.00 *I think*.
 
Kinda embarrassed to admit this, but I once had a Magnavox/Philips 582. Doing a purge when making room for another wife fifteen years ago (and fully intending to “upgrade” someday), something made me think “‘Magnavox’ = cheap dept. store TVs”, and I’m pretty sure it went to Goodwill, if not the trash.
Paying for that brain fart now, as I haven’t yet found a CD player I can afford that sounds nearly as good.
 
Is there any correlation between the CDB CD players and the Magnavox DVD players with the same model
NUMBERS? AKA a 560 CD unit and a 560 DVD unit? Like CD players and DVD players both with “460” or “560” models?

I feel like I’m not asking the question very well so hopefully someone will know what I’m saying.
 
I use a MAGNAVOX CDB480 at home cause someone gave it to me in 2021. Chipset TDA1543 and Laser Pick-up CDM-4/19. I own Philips CD880 / Sony CDP-620 es II / Sony CDP-508ESD ES / California Audio Labs Delta transport all at my home also.

 
Since posting in 2014, still using the Philips CDB630. Still works flawlessly, listening to it right now. Bought a CBD582 modified by McCormack last year and put that in the bedroom system. The Van Alstine modified Sylvania CBD1560 is still chugging away in the man cave. These Philips Belgium built cd players are almost indestructible. Since getting the CDB630 almost 10 years ago and replacing the gear and regreasing the slides it has had no further work.
 
Back
Top Bottom