• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Why all HDMI cables are the same C/net

The only difference I've noticed in different HDMI cables is the quality of the audio. With video, I've seen no difference.
 
I have a Western Digital media player in the bedroom that kept failing on me- no picture or sound. I kept futzing with it until I realized the problem- Yep, the HDMI cable. Weird thing is, I just disconnected and reconnected from both ends- and it worked again. It still goes out once in a while, but I just reconnect it again and it works...:scratch2:

I think that not only the cables could be problematic (poor internal connections or cable) but that the external connectors themselves can be rather flimsy, and especially at the female ends on the components themselves. IMO, the HDMI cable connectors don't look to be made for frequent plugging and unplugging and there's many times a lot of weight/leverage/torque (if you will) on the connector due to the weight of the cable (with some thick insulations). As there is no strain relief, and nothing more than a friction fit, it isn't surprising that a number of intermittent signal reports come in from time to time.

I'd probably suggest trying another cable, along with a DeOxit cleaning. Otherwise, if its the connector shell, or the component connector, replacement would be the only recourse unless you're really handy with a pinpoint soldering iron.
 
Back
Top Bottom